Most health protection measures are lifted:
- The reading room of the National Archives is accessible with or without booking. Bookings must be made exclusively using the online booking form.
- The reading room of CegeSoma is acessible upon appointment only via this online form.
- The reading rooms of all other State Archives repositories are only accessible upon appointment per e-mail, made at least 2 work days in advance and addressed to the repository in question. You can find the contact details of the State Archives repositories here.
- Wearing a face mask is no longer mandatory on State Archives premises.
- Stay informed via the Facebook page of the State Archives.
- You do not know to which service your question should be addressed? Use our contact form.
The State Archives holds a real treasure of cartographic materials, but handing out original maps and plans in the reading rooms bears the risk of deteriorating the state of conservation of these documents. Indeed, repeated unrolling and rolling-up of these maps and plans that are sometimes of considerable size has taken its toll on the documents, which called for a large-scale digitization campaign. In recent years, some 60,000 maps and plans were digitised. This number increases steadily. Roughly 44,000 of these digital images have been processed and are now available for research.
Head of Service:
Reception, Reading Room and Stacks Management: /